Thursday 2 July 2015

No regrets in life

Yes, the title says it all.

There is no point regretting in life. The only thing regrets do is poison your mind.

I have reached a level of inner happiness that I have never experienced before because I am now fully me and am learning to master that last skill: not to let my husband hurt me by making me angry.

The way I have been trying to live my life for the past few years is that good things and bad things will inevitably happen to you. The trick is how you react to them. You can let the bad things get to you, or not. It will change nothing to the situation but it will change the way you feel.

Similarly, I have made decisions in my life that could have been better. I could have done thongs differently. Well I didn't. So there is no point beating about the bush.

I see all these youngs assuming their life choices and they are happy. I wished I had been as brave and adventurous when I was their age. Well I wasn't. I did different things. I should not regret.

Basically what I am saying is you live the life you are meant to live. You make decisions. You live with the consequences of these decisions, whatever they are. But there is no point second guessing on the what if.

There is a French saying: What if we could put  Paris in a bottle.

I'll let you ponder on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment